Pack 3258 Regatta and Pack Picnic
May 13, 2016 ~ Pawnee Circle Drive
Dinner at 6:00 pm, Boat Races at 7:00 pm
There will be 2 Boat Races, you may enter either or both. Straws for wind power will be provided so that everyone is using the same type and size.
- Trimaran Boat Kit – $7
You may use paint, markers, or stickers to decorate your boat, but you may not add anything else. Purchase the boats at the April Pack Meeting.
- Make Your Own – Using recycled or repurposed items.
- Kindergarten and under
- 1st grade – 4th grade
- 5th grade – Adult
- All items used to build your boat must have been originally designed for another purpose. Exceptions are tape, glue, paper, cardstock, markers, paint, and stickers.
- Total Boat Length: No longer than 8 inches.
- The boat body CANNOT be wider than 4 inches.
- The boat must remain a single hull boat. Multi-hull catamarans and boats with stabilizing out-riggers are not allowed.
- Decorations such as sailors, cannons, etc. may be added. All such decorations must be firmly fastened to the boat, and may not be placed in such a manner as to change the boat dimensions as listed above.
- The only power source must be wind through the provided straw.
New Scouts – Any visitors or new scouts interested in joining the pack may compete in one of the above if they plan in advance, or we’ll have a simple boat to craft at the event that they may race.